* 2 carrots, peeled and finely sliced
* A small bunch of radishes (about 10), trimmed and finely sliced
* A large bunch of fresh coriander, leaves and stalks finely chopped
* 2 large jalapeño chillies (or other green chilli), to taste, finely sliced
* ½ a small red cabbage
* ½ a small white cabbage
* 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
* Extra virgin olive oil
* Juice of 2-3 limes
* Sea salt
1. The best way to make this is to use a food processor with a slicer attachment or a mandolin. If you don't have either of those, use a speed peeler, or simply grate everything finely.
2. Shred your white and red cabbage into 2 separate piles. Put just the white cabbage into a large bowl with the radishes, carrots & most of the coriander. Mix everything together really well, then kick up the flavours by adding almost all the chopped chilli, the sliced red onion and a good few lugs of extra virgin olive oil. Add most of the lime juice and a good pinch of salt, then toss together and have a taste. Just keep adjusting everything, adding more fragrance with the coriander, heat with the last of the chilli and acid with another squeeze of lime juice, until it's just right for you.
3. When you're happy, fold in the red cabbage right before serving and eat.
For more great recipes, visit the following sites: