* 30 ml olive oil
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 335 g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
* 455 g Arborio rice
* 945 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth, warmed
* 120 ml white wine
* 60 ml chile-garlic flavored butter
* 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
* 45 g pine nuts
* 35 g sliced black olives
* 1 large red chile pepper, minced
* ground black pepper to taste
* Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
* Stir in the onion and cook until softened and translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in Arborio rice until well coated in oil; continue cooking until both the onion and rice begin to turn golden-brown, about 8 minutes.
* Pour in white wine and stir until evaporated. Pour in 1/3 of the hot chicken broth; stir constantly as the risotto simmers and slowly absorbs the broth, about 8 minutes. Add half of the remaining broth, and continue stirring until absorbed, about another 8 minutes.
* Stir in chile-garlic butter, shrimp, carrot, pine nuts, black olives, and red chile pepper until the butter has melted. Stir in the remaining chicken broth, and again stir constantly until absorbed, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with black pepper.
*.Taste rice and check it is slightly firm and totally delicious. If it is still a little crunchy, stir in some hot water and continue cooking until it reaches the desired tenderness.