Yield: 1 Servings
1 lb Doves Farm Spelt flour
1 ts Salt
3 tb Olive oil
15 g Fresh yeast
400 ml Warm water (35-40C)
1 ts Honey
Here is a recipe for bread using Spelt flour taken from a packet of this
flour sold by Doves Farm. I have not tried it yet. On the packet it says:
"Spelt grain (Triticum Spelta) is an ancient precursor of modern wheat
varieties. It was once widely grown from Europe to Asia until it fell from
popularity". I would be interested to know more about Spelt if anyone has
1. Place the flour in large mixing bowl.
2. Blend the yeast and honey into half the water and roughly mix into the
3. Dissolve the salt in the remaining warm water and add to the flour. Also
add the oil.
4. Mix the soft dough vigorously for four minutes using a wooden spoon.
5. Grease a large baking tray and dust with flour. Turn out the dough in
one piece onto the baking tray and dust with flour.
6. Leave to rise in a warm place for 20-30 minutes until the dough has
risen to about twice its size.
7. Cook in an oven pre-heated to 180C, 370F for 35 minutes. A fully cooked
loaf will sound hollow underneath.
8. Cool loaf on a wire rack.
For more great recipes, visit the following sites: