* 905 g beef round steak, cut into thin strips
* 30 ml vegetable oil
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
* 294 g beef consomme
* 476 g green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
* 60 ml soy sauce
* 15 g cornstarch
* 4 g white sugar
* 0.4 g ground ginger, or to taste
* 1 g garlic salt
* 0.5 g ground black pepper
* 235 g hot cooked rice
1. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and quickly cook and stir the sliced beef for about 10 minutes, until the meat has begun to brown and is no longer pink inside. Remove beef from skillet and set aside.
2. Whisk together the tomato soup, beef consomme, green peppers, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, ginger, garlic salt, and pepper in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the sauce to a simmer, stir until thickened, and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the green peppers have begun to cook. Stir in the beef, and simmer for 20 more minutes until the peppers are cooked and the flavors have blended . Serve over hot cooked rice.
For more great recipes, visit the following sites: