This recipe is delicious. Definitely one for the meat lover!
* 4 lamb shanks
* 5 cloves garlic, sliced
* 45 ml olive oil
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1 g salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 g chopped fresh rosemary, plus sprigs for garnish
* 235 ml dry white wine
* In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
* Add shanks to hot pan, and brown all sides; this should take about 12 mins. Transfer to a plate.
* Reduce heat to medium-low, and add garlic to the pan; cook for 30 to 40 seconds.
* Stir in onion, and continue cooking until translucent, 6 to 8 minutes.
* Return shanks to the pan, and season with 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary and salt and pepper to taste.
* Pour in wine, raise heat to medium-high, and bring to a simmer.
* Reduce heat to low, cover tightly, and simmer until the shanks are very tender when pierced with a knife, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
* Turn once or twice during cooking, and add water as necessary to maintain original level of liquid.
* Serve shanks garnished with rosemary sprigs.
For more great recipes, visit the following sites: